« Home | Why the Internet is a Strange Place » | If Nigel Wrote a Damn Personal Ad » | Why Won't Women Show a Short Guy Some Love? » | I Surprised My Shrink » | Nigel The Bumbling Idiot » | Tease » | "I" » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume IV » | Bonus Blog Thursday (SEX) » | DISSED BY MY OWN DOG »

Oh, The Money I Have Lost on First Dates!

REMINDER: PLAY THE STRANGE PLACES STRANGE FACES CHALLENGE AND WIN $50

Here's how it works. For every new person you send to my blog who makes a comment, you get a point. The person has to make a reference to the fact you sent them to the site. That's how you get your point. In turn, they can also participate in the challenge. You can not vote for yourselves if you land here by accident. And, you can not vote for me if I directed you here. As the Challenge Creator, I can not win. The contest will end July 4. The blogger with the most points gets $50.00. It's that easy. This is a challenge that I am offering on my own. The rules and regulations are as stated above. Anyone is eligible. There is no such thing as "Void Where Prohibited." However, the prize will be paid in American Dollars. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT ON MY PROFILE PAGE.

Whoever said "You never have a second chance to make a first impression" wasn't kidding. That's why I always think a first date should be a mix of perfect things -- the right person, the right place, nice chemistry, good conversation, etc. Unfortunately, the right place is usually my downfall. You see, one of my greatest vices is a good meal. That means a nice restaurant. A nice restaurant usually means good spirits or a great bottle of wine. It means a shared appetizer or two. It involves entrees with names you can't pronounce. There is a rich dessert at the ending. Oh, and by the way, I NEVER EVER let the girl pay. So, the tab is never alarming, because I have dug my own grave with this behavior over the years.

So, what if the date doesn't work out? What if she never wants to see me again? What if my LEO grandiosity kills me? Was it a waste of time, a waste of money, both or neither? I submit that, in the end, I wasted some money. Now, if I count up all of those dates over the years, I have cost myself thousands of dollars. THOUSANDS. Not just hundreds. The worst part is I really have a lot of hole-in-the-wall/dive restaurants I enjoy more than anything else. But, in my pea brain, I have decided it won't be good enough for a first date.

Hell, we all know dinner and a movie is awkward for a first date, because you shouldn't sit in a movie theatre for two hours with someone you don't know that well. Going to a concert or a sporting event can be nice, but costly as well. Like I said, I would NEVER ask the girl to pay, so I am just S.O.L.

Bottom line. If you have a nice girl for me who likes fine dining and is willing to say she'll go on a second date with me before our first, send her along.

your first date should be simply one drink at a bar, sitting side by side.

trust me. meals are too weird. chicks don't often times want to see a dude eat too early on in their relationship. sometimes that ruins their appetite for a second date.

if you dig each other, then you pull out all the stops.

if.

Hey, if I wasn't married, I'd go out with you on the first and second dates. I might have to say no to the third one if you acted like an asshole though. ;)

Your concept of a first date is perfect. Don't look at it as money lost, think of those first dates as being a necessary part of living, loving and getting to meet and know your soulmate.

Getting food stuck in my teeth and clanking my glass against my plate make me think going for a walk in the park would be a much better first date.

I sent myself to the site (via Altman)...does that count??

How about going to a museum. It's free, you have an instant subject to converse about, and you can talk alot or be quiet and it seems natural.

Thanks for popping by my blog :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted