« Home | Tease » | "I" » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume IV » | Bonus Blog Thursday (SEX) » | DISSED BY MY OWN DOG » | People Purging (Like Spring Cleaning) » | 20 THINGS PEOPLE SHOULD TRY TO AVOID (THAT I HAVE ... » | The Five W's and the H of My Day » | (Bail) Bonds » | Dr. versus Who Cares »

Nigel The Bumbling Idiot

Given my experience in broadcasting, and my brushes with fame in South Beach, I figured I'll share a story with y'all that clearly indicates that even I could be a bumbling idiot at some points. Celebrities never really intimidated me, because I used to see them all the time and I recognized them as ordinary people for the most part. I think my story about the Estefans is proof of that. Meeting Wilt Chamberlain was a great example. But, like others, I have had a moment or two where I look like a real bumbling idiot.

Here's the scene: I am walking down this street in Coconut Grove and I see a man on the corner wearing what appears to be a straw dress. He has this huge handbag, and like a feathery thing in his hair. He is on his cellphone, waving his hand like a wild man, trying to flag down his friend on the next street corner. Now, most of the time I would figure this guy would be spending his nights working at Lucky Cheng's, a crossdressers cabaret restaurant in Miami at the time. But, upon further inspection, it was none other than Steven Tyler -- the lead singer for the band Aerosmith. He was on his cellphone, and I just had to meet him because I am a huge Aerosmith fan. So, here's how my bumbling idiotic rant goes:

N: Aren't cellphones cool? You can use them to wave down your friends who are just a block away.

S: Yeah (with some hesitation). I don't know what I would do without mine. (He looks at me like I am some young weird kid (which I am))

N: You know, I am a big fan of yours. I have seen you guys in concert.

(Now he looks at me as if the person who asked him the weird question about cellphones and the person who confessed to being his fan are two totally different people)

S: You are? Thanks.

N: May I have your autograph? (I NEVER ASK FOR ANYONE'S AUTOGRAPH)

S: Sure. What's your name?

N: Nigel.

Then, Steve Tyler (of Aerosmith fame) signs this napkin "To Nigel- Best wishes, Steve Tyler"

I thanked him, and we went our separate ways, but I'll never forget the chance meeting with him and his straw dress that day. Now, if I could only find that signed cocktail napkin! (One of the reasons I rarely get autographs -- they get lost!)

INTRODUCING MY NEWEST BLOG: EAT, DRINK, HAVE SEX

"Eat, Drink, Have Sex" will debut tomorrow night. The collection, as you might imagine, will be a little different than my daily blog. It will start as a weekly blog and may expand in the future.

PLAY THE STRANGE PLACES STRANGE FACES CHALLENGE AND WIN $50
Here's how it works. For every new person you send to my blog who makes a comment, you get a point. The person has to make a reference to the fact you sent them to the site. That's how you get your point. In turn, they can also participate in the challenge. You can not vote for yourselves if you land here by accident. And, you can not vote for me if I directed you here. As the Challenge Creator, I can not win. The contest will end July 4. The blogger with the most points gets $50.00. It's that easy. This is a challenge that I am offering on my own. The rules and regulations are as stated above. Anyone is eligible. There is no such thing as "Void Where Prohibited." However, the prize will be paid in American Dollars. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT ON MY PROFILE PAGE.

Hey Nigel.

Great idea!

Zambo sent me...(Does that count?)...

I shall return...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

I can't see the new blog...

Not sure how I got here... I think you came to my blog first so should I vote you or vote me? ;-)

SOunds exciting...

OKAY DORKS! YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELVES, AND YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT I SENT YOU HERE. JEEZ. :/

Oh my God!! I am so jealous, I looooove Aerosmith. You've got horseshoes up the wazoo Nigel.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted