« Home | I Surprised My Shrink » | Nigel The Bumbling Idiot » | Tease » | "I" » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume IV » | Bonus Blog Thursday (SEX) » | DISSED BY MY OWN DOG » | People Purging (Like Spring Cleaning) » | 20 THINGS PEOPLE SHOULD TRY TO AVOID (THAT I HAVE ... » | The Five W's and the H of My Day »

Why Won't Women Show a Short Guy Some Love?

I am short by all means. That's 5'7" on a good day. I'm comfortable with this. It has been like this since grade school when I was always thrown in the front row of class pictures just so I could be seen. I was always the last one chosen for sports teams because everyone assumed my small stature meant I couldn't be as competitive as the big guys (they happened to be right in this case). But, most of my life, I have just been viewed as "the short guy." Now, I am cool with that to a point. You see, in my expert opinion, I think taller women should give me a chance to go out with them. (insert crass remark about being horizontal here)

After all, I once live with this woman who was 5'10", and we had a great relationship. She never looked at me as "the short guy", or her "short boyfriend." My best friend in 6'2"+. He has towered over me my entire life, and I am just used to it. But, I will never get used to being turned down by taller women just because I am short. This has been bothering me so much of late that I asked a female friend what the deal is.

"Women like taller men because it makes them feel more safe and secure."

Bullshit. You have got to be kidding me. If height, rather than our hearts have become the moral compass to feeling safe and secure than we have a real problem. Now, I know what you skeptics are thinking. Nigel is nuts. Perception is everything. Women just can't be with a shorter man. But, I have already proved that hypothesis to be untrue. So, if I have broken down the barrier once, why can't I break it down again?

Yes, I am short. But, I make up for it in a number of other areas that are equally or more important. Randy Newman sang that song, "Short People", in which he crooned, "Short people got nobody to love." Maybe what he really should have written was "Short people got nobody TALL to love."

PLAY THE STRANGE PLACES STRANGE FACES CHALLENGE AND WIN $50

Here's how it works. For every new person you send to my blog who makes a comment, you get a point. The person has to make a reference to the fact you sent them to the site. That's how you get your point. In turn, they can also participate in the challenge. You can not vote for yourselves if you land here by accident. And, you can not vote for me if I directed you here. As the Challenge Creator, I can not win. The contest will end July 4. The blogger with the most points gets $50.00. It's that easy. This is a challenge that I am offering on my own. The rules and regulations are as stated above. Anyone is eligible. There is no such thing as "Void Where Prohibited." However, the prize will be paid in American Dollars. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT ON MY PROFILE PAGE.

First of all, I'm 5'5'', so I think you are tall! I'd be asking you to get stuff off the top shelf for me all the time. :)

And if women turn you down cause you aren't as tall as them, they are assholes....just like men who wouldn't go out with tall women are assholes.

There's so much more to people than their height!

I'm married to a man who 5'7". He cares more about it than I do. I don't think height should be a factor in deciding who to give a chance. If I would have bothered with that, I wouldn't have met and married the love of my life. :)

Hey Nigel.

Not too sure what to tell you about the height thing...but maybe they don't like short assholes...your words, not mine...(see last post)...

I'm just putting that out there...

That's all I got.

Good luck out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.

I'm only kidding around...I don't think height should really be an issue...But if a guy has issues with being short and a gal has issues with being tall...then that could cause challenges in the long run...But what the heck do I know?

hmmm...is that really still an issue?

Well, for all the tall women out there who won't date a 'short' man, I do humbly apologize.

(okay okay, I'm only 5'3", but I still apologize!)

i like all kinds of men, i don't care if they are short or tall. I think its all how they treat me and how we get along. Just my point of view.

I'm 5'7"... you're not short and I'm not tall. Ta da!

If you're built like the statue of Vulcan, who cares how short/tall you are?? ;)
Height is not a dealbreaker with me.
Thanks for stopping by my blog

I'm a tall gal (5'10" and a smidge - ridiculously tall if I wear any kind of healed shoe), and I've been generally taller than the "boys" my whole life.

I think the whole tall vs short men thing comes from the fact that young boys treat young tall girls like they're freaks because they're taller. So when girls grow up, the want to date someone taller than them so they don't feel so freakishly tall. Its not that the same rule apply as an adult, but it's likely just a mind over matter thing.

I have been attracted to shorter guys, but in all seriousness I think THEY were bothered by the height thing. I'm not opposed to any height, but I tend to be attracted to those taller. However, since I'm not with anyone right now, this story is not over...

ps. I found you through a comment you left on someone else's journal, just in case you were wondering.

i married a "short" guy...he's 5'7 also. the height never even came up until we had kids and i realized that both the boy and the girl was going to get his side of the height. his mother is 4' 9". even though he's a little height challenged, doesn't mean he packs a strong wallop. don't give up on the tall girls...

short/tall it does not matter to me. people come in all sizes. Personality does it for me.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I will be back here. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted