« Home | Screw "Asshole" Ann Coulter » | A Kidnapped Blogger » | Shrink Speak » | Nigel Uploaded » | Oh, The Money I Have Lost on First Dates! » | Why the Internet is a Strange Place » | If Nigel Wrote a Damn Personal Ad » | Why Won't Women Show a Short Guy Some Love? » | I Surprised My Shrink » | Nigel The Bumbling Idiot »

Nigel-noia

Here's a fresh little secret from your friend Nigel: I broke off my engagement earlier this year. I was supposed to get married in August. I loved "X", but I knew we could never have a happy life together even though we never really had a fight, were best friends, etc. It wasn't a case of cold feet. I just knew that marrying X would not be good for either one of us in the long run, so I made the toughest call of my life -- calling it off.

So, this week I have been plagued by Nigel-noia -- my own personal name for my paranoia. You see, even though X lives right around the corner from me, and even though we ended things as amicably as possible, I have not seen her since the breakup. We have spoken for just a few minutes since this whole thing took place.

So, the Nigel-noia thing is that every time I see her make of car, I think she is inside. And, I just want to avoid it. I am at the point where I am numb to what has happened, and I don't want to see or talk to her. Every time I see the Honda, I think she's behind the wheel. I do my best to get in another lane, or lag behind, or pull ahead. Anything but get stuck with her next to me at a light, or glaring at me as we are next to each other.

Now that I started thinking about it, I know I am destined to see her. Like I said, I have nothing to really say to her. I am happy that we have gone our own ways. I am pretty shocked that I haven't run into her yet, but happy about that too.

The moral of my Nigel-noia is that I should pay more attention to the real road, and less attention to that other road I didn't take when I broke things off earlier this year.

As weird as it sounds, and as much as you don't want it to happen, maybe when/if you do run into her, things will get "better" for you.

Maybe you need this meeting just to finalize things in your mind.

Just an idea. :)

I loved the ending of this....
Don't look back.....Marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be

Hey thanks for the link! And excuse whoever it was that said you were "creepy"! Not true!

Hello Nigel!

Thanks for linking to my blog!

Things usually end badly, or else they wouldn't end...(I heard that somewhere a long time ago and it has stuck with me...Though it's a bit clichéd, it's true, I think...Best of luck with the inevitable run-in with the "X")...

As for that Coulter person, she was on Leno last night. George Carlin was on too...(This morning, Howard Stern and crew thought it was possibly a ploy by Leno's people to have Carlin confront her so that Leno could maintain his fake "nice guy" image)...I can't really pretend to care about Ms. Coulter or her opinions, but her overall conduct last night was pretty abhorrent, in my opinion...She seems to be quite impressed with herself for whatever reason...She's definitely on my list of people I've never met who seem totally detestable...I sincerely hope she sputters into obscurity soon...

That's all I have to say right now.

Take care out there, Nigel!

Sorry to ramble on...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Why not ask her out for coffee or something? To seal the friendship type of thing...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted