« Home | Overheard at the Ghetto Grocery Store » | New and Improved » | Nigel Meets Mr. CompUSA Helper (3rd Person Account) » | Nigel-noia » | Screw "Asshole" Ann Coulter » | A Kidnapped Blogger » | Shrink Speak » | Nigel Uploaded » | Oh, The Money I Have Lost on First Dates! » | Why the Internet is a Strange Place »

Say What!?! (What Others Tell You When You Are Dumped or Dump Someone)

"You're better off."

Ever find yourself asking your friends and family, "How come you didn't tell me that while I was going out with him/her? It would have been so much easier."

The response, most likely is, "You have to make decisions for yourself, and we didn't want to interfere, and it isn't fair to you if we say something about someone you love..." BLAH FUCKING BLAH.

I can't remember any relationship I have ever been in where my friends and family don't come crawling out of the woodwork when it is over. They jump at the chance to take a swipe at the Ex. Are they trying to make me feel better? Are they trying to make themselves look clairvoyant? What is it that they are trying to accomplish by telling me "We never liked him/her anyway," or "They just weren't right for you." GREAT.

After the breakup, this always makes me feel so much better. Hell, I am at the point when I am pretty disappointed if they don't validate my feelings at the end of the day. By now, I am resigned to the fact they are not going to bail me out before I bail myself out. Could they say something during the relationship? NO. OBVIOUSLY NOT. They save the ammo for the end (in most cases). Yeah, they may nudge me once in a while, but I am too stubborn for it to make a difference.

Maybe that's why my friends and family use a congratulatory "You're better off" in the end. They know I'll never listen to them in the middle.

Well, isn't that nice of those bastard. It's not like you could've used any counsel during the relationship.

To be honest, I hate getting the whole "you're better off without them" chat. If I am crying my heart out over some schmuck then I don't want to hear that this person isn't worth the tears. I want to hear "It sucks, but you'll pull through" not "He was a twat anyway".

My parents said the same thing when I finally decided to divorce my ex. "We always hated the way he treated you in front of us," my dad said, over coffee one day, "I had to physically restrain myself from punching him in the face when he berated you."

"Why didn't you punch him?" I wondered, inside my head.

Just imagine how satisfying it would have been, at this moment in time, to think about my dad beating up my ex husband like the beyotch he was...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted