« Home | My Shortest Post Ever » | Cocktail Hours and Other Crap » | We Are All Just Pawns On The Chess Table of Life » | A Little Laughter (Courtesy: Bumper Stickers) » | Thou Shalt Plagiarize » | Why TV Can Be More Satisfying Than T&A » | I Wish I Were My Dog » | Let's Be Honest (About Sex) » | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) Part II » | Mother's Day »

I Refuse to Write About Idol (So I'll Write About...)

Two words: Taylor wins. I have called it for a long time (okay maybe a bit more than two words).

You can all write as much as you want to about Idol.

I am going to write about board games, and, in particular, Monopoly. I like Monopoly a lot because it awakens the competitiveness in me. I am looking at the millennium Edition of the game right now. I get really competitive when I play the game because I am willing to take a ton of risks and chances. I play aggressively. I love the cards. I love jail. I love mortgages, buying, selling, the whole damn thing.

There are a million facts you should check out at www.monopoly.com. The game is sold in at least 80 countries and dozens of languages. There are different versions of the game from college campuses to children's tv shows.... it even morphs into other games, etc.

Bottom line. It's an exceptional game. You can have amazing fun with your friends. Some people complain the game can last forever, but I suppose that is part of its allure. Further, in an age when DVD games are gaining popularity, Monopoly can take generations of Americans back to their youth. You can play it with your parents, grandparents, other friends and family. Since the game has been around more than 70 years, you can pretty much enjoy it with anyone. But, please, don't take advantage of the elderly!

Okay, so that's it. I like Monopoly, and I wish you would celebrate it too.

Oh, I'd celebrate it, but my dad used to pull a racketering scam on everyone...kinda took away from the joy of it.
"Hey Kid, I wont stop takin' out yer garbage if you pay me $30 every time I land on you."

It was complicated. And sad.

I hate Monopoly. I always lose and it takes so long for the last few dollars to drain away. What a long, slow, miserable death.

But I'd challenge you to a game of Risk anyday.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted