« Home | Mother's Day » | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) » | Breast Man? » | Wednesday's Child » | Cancer Sucks » | Cancer Sucks » | First, a Hero. Now, a Derby Winner. » | When Time Runs Out » | Music Messes With Our Minds Sometimes » | I am So Tired »

Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) Part II

Okay. So here is the situation. I am downing about my third Knob and Coke when I clearly hear this guy next to me say, "I wish I could come back as my wife." His two friends start laughing and totally agree with him. I am alone, without a wife and I just want to butt in that I (would) agree. Not to offend any of you women folk out there, because it is 2006 and you do more than your part. Then, there are some other things these guys took lightly -- things which made you look, well -- vain, at best. The sky-high credit card purchases for shoes, handbags, makeup, etc. The lavish lunches with your girlfriends, charged to our credit cards. The weekly manicures, pedicures and coiffures. Counseling to deal with us (well, on second thought, maybe they didn't say that part). Now, this shtick was reaching a whole new level -- one that I wasn't sure I was comfortable with. It was locker room talk. It was modern day machismo. It was -- well, I don't know. But, still, I found myself sitting there cackling in my cocktail. These guys had me guffawing in my gut. This is starting to sound totally crazy to me. Yet, their silliness and stupidity (together) seemed to make a lot of sense.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Ah to be a fly on the wall during indepth male conversation

:)

Oh I have so much to say to this one, it wouldn't possibly all fit here. I might do my own post on it. Thanx for the topic.

Keep in mind that we have gotten used to have to do the following:

"Then, there are some other things these guys took lightly -- things which made you look, well -- vain, at best. The sky-high credit card purchases for shoes, handbags, makeup, etc."

because of the vain and shallow society that we live in. I know that you don't believe in posting pictures on the dating sites but if we did an experiment and posted one pic where you have not showered or slept for days and you look like crap for a week and another where you are all "prettied up" for a week you better believe that you are going to get more responses with the pretty pic. Who would you rather come home to dumpy, smelly slob or barbie? On top of the fact that I think dressing nicely and looking nice can be a sign of confidence not always vanity and that is attractive. Men get away much more easily with "letting themselves go" than women do but then they complain about the consequences of having to do that.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted