« Home | Cancer Sucks » | Cancer Sucks » | First, a Hero. Now, a Derby Winner. » | When Time Runs Out » | Music Messes With Our Minds Sometimes » | I am So Tired » | True Friends vs. "Peripheral Friends" » | Do As I Say and Not As I Do » | Why a Colin Deserves an Exclamation Point » | The NAAFA »

Wednesday's Child

I was born on a Friday. They say that I am loving and giving. We'll save that for another day. You may know the actual saying itself, according to Mother Goose:


Monday's Child is fair of face,
Tuesday's Child is full of grace,
Wednesday's Child is full of woe,
Thursday's Child has far to go,
Friday's Child is loving and giving,
Saturday's Child works hard for a living,
But the Child that is born on the Sabbath Day,
Is witty and wise and good and gay!


Do you have a favorite day aside from your actual day of birth? I will take mine, to tell you the truth. That's because woe sucks, as in "woe is me." Life is too short for woe, as this blog has indicated so much in the recent past. Things can always be worse. We have to treasure everything around us, albeit good or bad. We have to try to see the beauty in so many things, even if it appears rotten and ugly on the surface. We need to face our challenges with respect, dignity and determination. We must remember that quarreling, battling, squabbling and war make us weaker not stronger. We must learn to forgive those who have wronged us, whether they did so on purpose or unintentionally. I could go on.


We must take the woe, and let it go. I am guilty of many of the infractions I write of above. Maybe my writing is a release that will allow me to look inside myself and make the changes that will bring me back to Friday -- where I am loving and giving. So, why is that the middle of the week (Wednesday and Thursday) seem to be the toughest days for old Mother Goose? Maybe because they are the most challenging for us. In some ways, the end of the week is in sight. In others, the week has only just begun.


Find your way past the middle of the week. Think of yourself as being born on that "Sabbath Day." Put energy back into your life. Leave the woe and the worries behind. Befriend strangers. Mend fences. Dry tears. Stop fighting. Find love. Finally, be true to your soul and your inner-self. Have faith!

I truly enjoyed reading THIS blog on your page, reflects so much of things I think myself.

Live each day to own it for yourself, find the things that make you smile, hug a friend JUST because you can, smile at a stranger if they smile at you and remember, life is what you make it

:)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted