« Home | I am So Tired » | True Friends vs. "Peripheral Friends" » | Do As I Say and Not As I Do » | Why a Colin Deserves an Exclamation Point » | The NAAFA » | I Hear Ya' Loud and Clear (Sort Of) » | Big Papa Pump » | Wacky Wednesday Why's? (Things to Consider) » | Drunk Dialing » | Jim Croce and I »

Music Messes With Our Minds Sometimes

If you are a music aficionado like me, you get screwed every once in a while. Here's what happens. You're minding your own business and some song just enters your head out of nowhere. You want to sing it aloud, but you know your voice sucks. If you're in your car, you don't want everyone looking at you, so you put your cellphone up to your mouth and sing into it as if it is some kind of new age microphone. Now, this isn't the worst part. The worst part is that the song isn't really anything you want swirling around in your head at the particular moment. Right now, I have "Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond running around in my head. Neat song. Talented artist. But, how the hell did this song jump into my head? I don't even know all of the words. I have the chorus down pat, but the rest of the words are lost on me. Is there no justice in the world? And why Neil Diamond? Why can't it be Neil Young or Neil Sedaka for that matter? Ugggh. I have no explanation for this one. I may as well hop in my car, grab my cellphone and just keep singing. Eventually, like everything else, it will work itself out.

This happens to me all the time- I just sing it- loud and proud. I don't have a car anymore (oh, New York) but that used to be my favorite place to sing. Now I sing about 6% less... no car. :(

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted