« Home | Big Papa Pump » | Wacky Wednesday Why's? (Things to Consider) » | Drunk Dialing » | Jim Croce and I » | Professor Sarah Trenholm and Interpersonal Communi... » | Some Saturday Morning Philosophy » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume III (By Popular Demand) » | Idiot Haiku Friday Vol. II » | Idiot Haiku for Friday » | Just How F'ed Up Laws Can Be »

I Hear Ya' Loud and Clear (Sort Of)

Okay. When I first went to college I had this friend named Rich. One of the first things I liked about this guy was his Red Honda coupe that was totally "souped up". He told me he had $12,000 alone in audio equipment, and he showed me several awards he won at shows all over the place.

I admit, his car was the very definition of cool. But, there is one thing that differentiates my old friend Rich from what I see and hear today. He didn't blast his bass so loud that I could hear it a good intersection away, as it shakes my sturdy SUV.

Today, it has become common practice for stereo systems (much less than Rich's) to blast as loud as possible with music, quite frankly, I really just don't want to hear. It gives me a headache. It interferes with the other crappy drivers' attention to the road. Basically, it pisses me off.

You never hear anyone blasting classical. Sometime, I wish someone would pull up next to one of these vehicles and give them a little taste of Brahms or Beethoven. Maybe they would tune their stuff down and take a little lesson in class(ics). Please, encourage your local governments to pass sound ordinances so that these drivers turn it down and make the roads safer for the rest of us.

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted