« Home | A Little Laughter (Courtesy: Bumper Stickers) » | Thou Shalt Plagiarize » | Why TV Can Be More Satisfying Than T&A » | I Wish I Were My Dog » | Let's Be Honest (About Sex) » | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) Part II » | Mother's Day » | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) » | Breast Man? » | Wednesday's Child »

We Are All Just Pawns On The Chess Table of Life

Follow me. Life is a huge game, and we are all but pawns. Even life and death are eventually a game, because we never know when it is our time to go. I remember a passage in a book I once read in high school where there was a sentence that said something like, "(our) birthdays are always known to us but not the days on which we are to die." So, here are just a few of the popular (mind) games I thought of today while driving around:

Who will be my friend?
How will I know if they are my friend?
How will they remain my friend?
How am I going to get a better grade?
How am I going to get into the college of my choice?
How am I going to get ahead in school?
How am I going to make the team?
How will I start on the team?
How will I get chosen for an activity I want?
How will I become President or head of a club?
What will it take for me to better than the person across the table?
How will I get the job I want at the place I want it?
How will I find the right boyfriend/girlfriend?
How will I keep the right boyfriend/girlfriend?
Will he call?
Will she call?
How can I win the damn lottery?

YOU GET THE PICTURE.

We are constantly asking the "How" questions (for the most part) about life and its offerings. "How" questions lead us right back to the game. The questions force us to answer, mostly, in rhetoric. For the most part, it's a game, and we just don't know. So, y'all, we just have to accept that we are pieces of the puzzle; that even life and death are -- at the end of the day -- a game; and, finally, most unfortunately, there just aren't any clear rules.

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted