« Home | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) Part II » | Mother's Day » | Overseen and Overheard (at the Bar) » | Breast Man? » | Wednesday's Child » | Cancer Sucks » | Cancer Sucks » | First, a Hero. Now, a Derby Winner. » | When Time Runs Out » | Music Messes With Our Minds Sometimes »

Let's Be Honest (About Sex)

My 11-year-old little nephew just had his first sex ed class. I was probably the same age when I learned about penises, vaginas, how babies are made and all that crap. The fact of the matter is I sat there and giggled with my friends because I already knew how babies were made. I already knew about vaginas. And, for that matter, I was probably already thinking ahead about how sordid my little life could become. Hell, as an only child, I had older cousins around me who would talk about sex all the time -- even at the dinner table. Sex was definitely not taboo in my family.

So, here is the one thing I think my sex ed teacher failed to mention. You girls will probably like this one, and you guys may think I am some freaky drug-driven turncoat. I think that sex ed teachers should have taught us how to be more up front about what we want from women in a relationship. No one ever taught me to tell Jane Doe that all I wanted to do was have sex with her -- and absolutely no commitment otherwise. And, the other way around (though lesser displayed), nobody ever told me that Jane Doe just wanted me for sex. Far be it for me to complain about the latter (in most cases).

All I am saying is this: If all I want to do is have sex with you, I should be honest about it. I shouldn't string you along. If sex is an integral part of my relationship with you, I should say so from the beginning. I shouldn't just go out with you and try to make the sex thing happen, or -- worse yet -- pump up the volume on the relationship when it does. Then, the "good" relationship that you want becomes the raunchy sexual relationship I want. You are mad. I am grouchy. I get dumped.

In the end, you be the judge. Maybe nice guys do finish last.

Well said. I like it.

Well sure that's how it should be, but then guys would get way less action...and they couldn't possibly live with that.

I think you'll find most women would be offended if you said "hey, I find you attractive, i'd only like to have sex with you" only some tho, some prefer honesty..keeps things simple, sometimes.

btw, i'm not moving to the USofA, you wont have my Tim's down there but it sounds like I could have no strings sex......tradeoff??? lol

;-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted