« Home | Where Have You Gone, Nigel Vossap? » | Premature Ejaculation » | Time Passages » | Ike Farts » | The Down and Out Dudes » | About Dr. J » | How Phone Books Taunt Us » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume V » | Genes vs. Jeans » | ANOTHER POP QUIZ »

What I Hated About MTV's VMAs

I hated MTV's Video Music Awards. HATED. I just got to see it on TV, and there really wasn't anything redeeming about it. Jack Black was flat and humorless. The Raconteurs sucked ass as a house band. For whatever reason, New Yorkers couldn't put on the same show that they have in L.A. I didn't know many of the acts, but it didn't matter. I wouldn't have liked their performances anyway. Lil' Kim was one performer, in particular, who sucked. Who the hell is Baby Jane? Justin Timberlake was lackluster as an opening act.... and on and on. Presenters like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie further devalued this once excellent showcase. By the way, what the hell was Pink drinking or smoking when she accepted her award for 'Stupid Girl'? I can't believe she was even able to get up on stage.

So, what did I actually like? The performance by OK GO was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Shakira with Wyclef was hot. Sarah Silverman was hysterical, especially the bit she did on Lance Bass. The camera work and effects were cool. The production was average. I guess I would give a 'B' to the Red Carpet crap.

But, overall, what happened to the VMAs? Maybe they went the same way as MTV. Today's MTV should be renamed RTV because it is mostly glorified 'R'eality TV. There is no music involved. So, it only figures that VMAs are hard to find too.

Hey Nigel.

Had I known Jack Black was hosting, I might have recorded it and just watched him...But the overall reviews I've heard are in agreement with your assessment...

Howard Stern played the clip of that guy SIXX who crashed the stage to make an announcement when Panic on the Dance Floor won an award...for whatever. The Stern crew thought that was the funniest part of the show...

Take care out there, Nigel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Hi again...

Just a correction: I just listened to the Stern replay and the band is called Panic at the Disco...(I guess I'm not in synch with what the kids are into these days...Too busy shaking my fist at them, telling them to straighten their hats, pull up their pants and turn down that noise, I suppose)...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

yah, i was just about to harass you as per your disappearance.

k, so if you hadn't put ok go in your second paragraph i would have taken great exception to your post. i must say that missy elliot unable to get out of her tiny car was also highly entertaining. rest was shite. then again i usually think they are shite. eh. apparently i'm just getting grumpy before my time.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted