« Home | What Is Labor Day, Anyway? » | What I Hated About MTV's VMAs » | Where Have You Gone, Nigel Vossap? » | Premature Ejaculation » | Time Passages » | Ike Farts » | The Down and Out Dudes » | About Dr. J » | How Phone Books Taunt Us » | Idiot Haiku Friday Volume V »

I'm Going Gray

My mirror keeps on changing on me like those funky mirrors at a funhouse. Only this is not a funhouse, and the mirror's changes aren't a figment of my imagination. My dark brown lots, always It's subject of great conversation -- as they are so full and wavy -- are turning gray. My brown is turning to salt and pepper and there isn't a thing I can do about it. Hell, some people might suggest I color it. But, that's bullshit. I'd rather see it go all gray in one night than color it. In fact, I think it's kind of cool. It gives me a certain look of maturation that I wouldn't otherwise have. It says, "I am living the life." Or something like that. I'd like to suggest that gray is becoming the new bleach blond. I'm dying to see it fill in. Right now, it seems to be in pieces-parts with no real direction of its own. It's spotty. It's suspect. It's deceiving. It's inviting. It's all of these in one. So I say,

Hooray for Gray.
I can't wait to see you
fill in some day.

Thanks for making me feel better about my upcoming birthday. I'm getting pretty old but I still don't have any gray hair. Hopefully I'll be like my Mom. She's and is still only sprinkled with gray.

64, she's 64. Give me a break, it's early and I haven't finished my coffee yet.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted