« Home | The Dudes Strike Again » | Remembering Nana Uh-Uh » | What An SMS Can Do For You » | More Doody on Dudes » | What The Hell Do I Do With These? » | Deciphering Dudes Redux » | Nigel Does The White Party (and the Divine Miss M) » | 100 Things You Don't Know About Me: The Final Volume » | Deciphering Dudes » | 100 Things You Don't Know About Me Vol. III »

Wedding Bells and Balls

I am scheduled to go to a wedding tomorrow where I'll know almost nobody. The good news is that my parents will be there. The bad news is that my parents will be there. You see, as you know (if you have been following this blog), I have an easy time approaching and meeting people. I have an easy time making conversation. I have an easier time doing it over a little libation. I feel like I have a certain amount of "cool" about me. Call that cocky if you wish, but it's the truth.

So, now I find myself invited to my carpenter's daughter's wedding. It's supposed to be a small affair, so I am particularly humbled to have been invited. However, my humility runs short. My parents don't party as much as I do. My Dad never drinks. My Mom drinks to capacity without going over. They both are jaded. They both think I party like I did in college. So, I feel like I am being babysat at all of these events. Dammit!

Just when I have the balls to have a few drinks, meet a few people and have a damn good time, they have to be there to put a damper on this. Now, I'll have to sneak the drinks, talk the talk and walk the walk on the "down low". I'll have to look over my shoulder and make sure "Big Brother" isn't watching at all times. Now is one of those times where it sucks to be an only child because all of the focus is on me, when I could really use a sibling to take away some of the pressure.

Anyway, I do want to meet people. I do want to have a good time. The wedding is going to be first class, and I just have to remember these monsters (I love) are going to be swarming around me like bees to honey. But, in the end, if I keep my balls down and my chin up, maybe I can meet some people, make some friends, and get wild on the dance floor.

i think jen and i might have the same mom. actually, my mom and i are the ones to insist on finishing off the pitcher of sangria because it would just be such a wast otherwise.

you know, you could just say the hell with it and rather ignore their presence...sit at a different table and all...

Nigel...is it possible that you and I are long lost siblings???

LOL.

Good luck!

I go to parties with my parents to make sure they behave themselves!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted