« Home | How a Funeral Can (Re)Define Someone » | MONICA » | What You Can Learn At The Bar » | The Importance of Mister Rogers » | How to Make "Today" Tank » | The "Eye" Has It (Couric) » | Only The Beginning »

Blogger's Block? Introducing Ike

If writers have "writers block", then do bloggers have "bloggers block"? So, what the heck should I write about? Let me tell you a little bit about a "character" that will recur through my blogs and be threaded through many of my stories. Introducing Ike. He is my nine-year-old Rottweiler. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Very briefly, here is the story about how we came to each other. In May of 1997, I was dating a girl whose dog had just been struck and killed by a car. She wanted nothing more than to have a dog around, and I wanted nothing more than to do my own thing on my own time, etc., etc., even though I grew up with dogs my whole life and loved them very much. Anyway, one weekend, my girlfriend ended up getting me to go with her to this store-front pet store that amounted to nothing more than a "puppy mill." Well, they must have seen me coming, because they took me to a "special back room." There, a small black dog would stick its nose through the first cage I passed, licked my hand and the rest is history. Almost. Then, I found out Ike was $1000.00. He just licked my hand! It was fate! I couldn't let him go. So, as a stupid 23-year-old tv news producer making $10.00/hour, I financed the poor thing. Needless to say, it is the best return I have ever had on any investment. Right now, he is asleep at my feet. Certainly, I will tell more stories of our time together. But, for now, I have bloggers block, and can't go any further. To steal a damn good line, "Good night and good luck."

wow... i know how you feel. that post just struck such a chord with me. wow.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted